Transform your organization’s culture with the power of respect!
We all know that the right thing to do is to treat others with respect. But it’s more than that. Treating others with respect is scientifically proven to encourage trust, open others’ minds, and create desire.
Workplaces in which employees feel respected enjoy:
- Higher job satisfaction and employee engagement
- Improved physical and emotional health of employees
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Higher productivity and profitability
- Improved ability to attract, develop and retain talented employees
On the other hand, organizations where disrespectful behavior occurs experience the following symptoms:
- Decreased work effort or time spent at work
- Declined performance
- Decreased commitment to the organization
- Losing valuable employees
- Employees mistreating customers
These kinds of disrespectful behaviors cost organizations around the world due to losses in productivity as well as harassment and discrimination claims. Needless to say, respect is an extremely important value for any organization to promote.
During the Connecting With Respect curriculum, participants learn about a series of guidelines that cover the fundamental areas of what it means to be a respectful person. These guidelines illustrate ways of thinking and behaving around others that have been shown to be tremendously effective at improving how people perceive both others and themselves when interacting. We call these “The 12 Rules of Respect.”